Worcester Fitness, the premier health and fitness center in central Massachusetts, is looking for an experienced fitness professional to manage our new satellite location, Worcester Fitness @ the City of Worcester’s Senior Fitness Center.
The Worcester Fitness team are among the most highly trained and credentialed fitness professional, in the industry.
Candidates must have earned a college degree in Exercise Science or a related field with current National Fitness Training Certifications. As this facilities Wellness Director, you will be responsible for successfully managing a brand new, state of the art fitness and wellness center specifically designed to serve Worcester, MA senior citizens as well as city of Worcester employees.
- Work directly with the Director of Operations to plan, develop, implement, and manage the Fitness Center.
- Report weekly to Director of Operations or more frequently as needed in regards to operations of facility.
- Work and communicate directly with the Senior Center administration to ensure expectations and standards are withheld.
- Work directly with Senior Center administration to develop, implement, and manage Fitness center rules to result in proper use by participants.
- Implement our SmartStart onboarding process for every gym participant to be fully orientated to the proper use of the Fitness Center. This includes Physical Referral, informed consent, heath history questionnaire, 15-minute consultation, and optional Microfit Wellness Assessment.
- Provide tours to potential members.
- Provide orientations for new member onboardings, including use of equipment and safety concerns.
- Provide monthly fitness challenges and information for members.
- Implement and Manage MINBODY fitness software.
- Oversee support staff and scheduling of shifts for mornings, evening and weekends.
- Cover additional shifts when coverage is needed.
- Ensure accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintain and reorder supplies.
- Provide excellent customer service for all members and potential members.
- Provide MindBody reports to Director of Operations and Senior Center Administrators.
Work in cooperation with Building Maintenance Manager to ensure proper cleanliness and maintenance standards for amenities.
- Degree in Exercise Science or related field with current National Fitness Training Certifications.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer services skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to communicate.
- Creative in marketing, programming, and ways to motivate.
- Able to be hands on, on your feet, and demonstrate exercises.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Minimum of 5 years in the fitness/health & wellness industry.
- Minimum of 1-2 work references required.
Full Time 40 Hours weekly
$45,760 – $52,000
- Health Insurance
- Option to purchase Dental Insurance
Earned Paid Time
- Retirement plan with company matching 1-3%
- Full gym Basic Membership at Worcester Fitness
- 10% off gym services, clothing and products at Worcester Fitness