Personal Trainer & Group Class Coach
Worcester Fitness, the area’s well-known premier health and fitness center in Central
Massachusetts, is looking for an experienced individual to join our Fitness Team. The Worcester Fitness team are among the most highly trained and credentialed fitness professionals in the
industry. We are seeking a candidate who has a college degree in Exercise Science or a related
field with current National Fitness Training Certifications and is able to work in both a one-on-
one and group coaching settling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coach group exercise classes including but not limited to bootcamp and functional
- Provide proper demonstration of all exercises and proper cuing throughout workouts.
- Provide onboarding appointments and assessments while advising clients on the proper
use of equipment.
- Provider excellent customer services for all members and potential members.
- Effectively build and grow personal training clients
- Develop training programs or routines designed to improve client performance.
- Monitor client progress and adapt programs as needed.
- Be able to work at both 5am start times and/or 7:30pm finish times, and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience)
- Degree in Exercise science or related field with current National Fitness Training
- CPR/First Aid within 90 days of employment
- Experience coaching Olympic lifts preferred.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to communicate.
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- 1-3 years minimum experience in fitness industry.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to fully demonstrate all exercise and equipment. This includes moving in
all directions, both sitting and standing.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds with both upper and lower body.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed
by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person
authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will
possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements
may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of
themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied
or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Job Type : Part Time
Varying hours including weekends and early mornings
Pay: $20-31 per hour
• Retirement plan with company matching 1-3%
• Full gym membership at Worcester Fitness
• 10% off gym services, clothing, and products at Worcester Fitness