ASSISTANT SWIM COACH
Worcester Fitness Flyers is seeking a friendly, experienced Swim Coach to join our unique technique focused program. We provide comprehensive competitive swim instruction to swimmers of all levels, from first-time swimmers to competitive event swimmers. As a part of our coaching team, you will teach swimmers with a wide range of skills, experience, and circumstances. You will help swimmers define and achieve their swimming goals, help athletes refine their strokes in order to improve performance and promote an inclusive atmosphere in which everyone feels welcome. Our ideal candidate has prior experience as a lifeguard, experience with water sports and aquatics, working with young athletes, and a personable, friendly demeanor.
Swim Coach Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach basic though advanced competitive skills to new swimmers
- Help athletes and experienced swimmers refine their skills
- Supervise the pool area
- Ensure each participant has the necessary training equipment
- Maintain a neat and organize pool area
- Perform administrative tasks, such as measuring attendance, tracking personal best times and each individual swimmer’s progress.
- Participate in team event and in-house coaching workshops and training sessions
- Enforce pool safety rules
- Communicate with team member parents/guardians
- Maintain communication with the Head Coach and other members of the coaching team.
Swim Coach Requirements and Qualifications
- Current Lifeguard certification or pool safety certification, CPR
- Strong background in swimming and physical education
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated, friendly personality
- WSI certification and/or competitive swimming experience required.
Job Type: Part Time
- The Swim team season runs September – May and meets weekly on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and two Thursday evenings per month.
- Pay: 20+ per hour based on experience
- Full gym membership at Worcester Fitness
- 10% off gym services, clothing and products at Worcester Fitness