2020 has been a year filled with extraordinary and unprecedented hardships. We’ve all felt the pain that comes with a devastating global pandemic. When paired with political and civil unrest, it’s a recipe for high stress. Unfortunately, our health suffers most dramatically. How we eat, sleep, exercise and maintain our relationships with others has really taken a beating in 2020.
- Take a Walk. I don’t care how cold or windy it is. Get out and move your body in the fresh air.
2. Walk & Talk. The best way to make that walk better is to find one or two people to walk with and catch up on positive news in your lives.
3. Eat to Win. Make simple changes that will immediately help you feel better inside and out.
4. Get a Massage. Self-care is a great way to relieve stress, release endorphins, and heal your mind and body. Forgo buying junk food, coffee, or other treats and invest that money in yourself.
5. Sleep. Rest your body each night for as long as possible. Sleep is so vital to mental and physical health that it MUST be a priority in your life. If your sleep is suffering, find ways to remedy that now. Reduced screen time, meditation, proper nutrition, and increased exercise can all help you sleep better each night.
6. Be Kind To Yourself. We are all works in progress and mistakes will be made. Go easy on yourself and be kind to yourself. Celebrate the victories too!
The key to making changes is always to keep as much as you can in the proper perspective. Put the most amount of energy into the people and activities that you love the most and you will notice very quickly how much lighter you feel, both inside and out!