2020 has been a year filled with extraordinary and unprecedented hardships. We’ve all felt the pain that comes with a devastating global pandemic. When paired with political and civil unrest, it’s a recipe for high stress. Unfortunately, our health suffers most dramatically. How we eat, sleep, exercise and maintain our relationships with others has really taken a beating in 2020.
- Take a Walk. I don’t care how cold or windy it is. Get out and move your body in the fresh air.
2. Walk & Talk. The best way to make that walk better is to find one or two people to walk with and catch up on positive news in your lives.
3. Eat to Win. Ask me for an easy to follow plan to make simple changes that will immediately help you feel better inside and out.
4. Get a Massage. Self-care is a great way to relieve stress, release endorphins, and heal your mind and body. Forgo buying junk food, coffee, or other treats and invest that money in yourself.
5. Call or Text an Old Friend: Reach out to ask how they are doing in these crazy times. Go deep into your contact list and find someone who might need a surprise check-in. It’ll make both of you feel great.
6. Sleep. Rest your body each night for as long as possible. Sleep is so vital to mental and physical health that it MUST be a priority in your life. If your sleep is suffering, find ways to remedy that now. Reduced screen time, meditation, proper nutrition, and increased exercise can all help you sleep better each night.
7. Put Down the Phone. Limit your screen time. Ask yourself what about the time on your phone causes you the most stress and find ways to mitigate that stress. You know you have to do it, so start today.
8. Surround Yourself with Love. Associate with people who love you. Do your best to reduce or eliminate time with those who make you feel poorly.
9. Be Kind To Yourself. We are all works in progress and mistakes will be made. Go easy on yourself and be kind to yourself. Celebrate the victories too!
The key to making changes is always to keep as much as you can in the proper perspective. Put the most amount of energy into the people and activities that you love the most and you will notice very quickly how much lighter you feel, both inside and out!
Get in touch
Overthinking can be a tough habit to break, but it is possible. By recognizing the thoughts and situations that trigger your overthinking, you can stop it in its tracks.
7 Benefits of Strength Training Besides Building Muscle Lifting weights is the natural choice if you want a broad back and bulging biceps. However, you might be surprised to learn that it’s also effective for a much wider range of fitness goals. Less than 25% of...
You know that exercise is a great way to start the day, but it can be tough to fit time for a workout into your busy schedule. These are some suggestions for how to free
up more time in the morning, along with exercise routines that will make you look forward to getting out of bed.
These symptoms are called delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). Experts used to believe that it was due to lactic acid building up. However, now there’s general agreement that inflammation is the culprit.
Whatever the cause, you can find relief. Use these suggestions to prevent muscle soreness or speed up your recovery.
"I WANT THIS TO WORK!"Most of the people that we meet at Worcester Fitness say more or less the same thing when it comes to trying something new to get into better shape - "I want THIS to work." Typically, people try multiple methods over their lives to either lose...