Worcester Fitness, the area’s well-known premier health and fitness center in Central Massachusetts, is looking for an experienced individual to assistant the Wellness Director with Worcester Fitness at The City of Worcester’s Senior Fitness Center. The Worcester Fitness team are among the most highly trained and credentialed fitness professional, in the industry. We are seeking a candidate who has a college degree in Exercise Science or a related field with current National Fitness Training Certifications. The Personal Trainer is responsible for successfully assisting a brand new, state of the art facility catering to Seniors in the city as well
as city employees.
- Work directly with the Wellness Director to plan, develop, implement, and manage the Fitness Center.
- Work and communicate directly with the Senior Center administration to ensure expectations and standards are withheld.
- Work directly with Senior Center administration to develop, implement, and manage Fitness center rules to result in proper use by participants.
- Implement our SmartStart onboarding process for every gym participant to be fully orientated to the proper use of the Fitness Center. This includes Physical Referral, informed consent, heath history questionnaire, 15-minute consultation, and optional Microfit Wellness Assessment.
- Provide tours to potential members.
- Provide orientations for new member onboardings, including use of equipment and safety concerns.
- Provide monthly fitness challenges and information for members.
- Implement and Manage MINBODY fitness software.
- Assist in teaching 5 exercise classes per week
- Provide excellent customer service for all members and potential members.
- Work in cooperation with Building Maintenance Manager to ensure proper cleanliness and maintenance standards for amenities.
- Degree in Exercise Science or related field with current National Fitness Training Certifications.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer services skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to communicate.
- Creative in marketing, programming, and ways to motivate.
- Able to be hands on, on your feet, and demonstrate exercises.
- 1-3 years of experience in the fitness field recommended
Job Type: Full Time 40 Hours
- Health Insurance
- Option to purchase Dental Insurance
- Earned Paid Time Off
- Retirement plan with company matching 1-3%
- Full gym Basic Membership at Worcester Fitness
- 10% off gym services, clothing and products at Worcester Fitness