Worcester Fitness, the area’s well-known premier health and fitness center in Central
Massachusetts, is looking for experienced individuals to join our Fitness Team. The Worcester Fitness team are among the most highly trained and credentialed fitness professionals in the industry. We are seeking candidates who have experience in Olympic Weight Lifting, Kettlebells, has a current National Fitness Training Certifications, and able to coach in a group setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coach olympic lift and functional strength style classes.
- Provide proper demonstration of all exercises and proper cuing throughout workouts.
- Provide motivation and encouragement in a fun and supportive environment.
- Provider excellent customer services for all members and potential members.
- Be able to work at both 5am start times and/or 7:30pm finish times, and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience)
- Preferred Degree in Exercise science or related field
- Current National Fitness Training Certifications.
- CPR/First Aid within 90 days of employment
- Experience coaching Olympic lifts preferred.
- Experience with kettlebells preferred.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to communicate.
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- 1-3 years minimum experience in fitness industry preferred.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to fully demonstrate all exercise and equipment including all olympic lifts. This includes moving in all directions, both sitting and standing.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds with both upper and lower body.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed
by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person
authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
- Job Type: Part Time
Varying hours including weekends, early mornings, and evenings
- Pay: $25 per hour
Retirement plan with company matching 1-3%
Full gym membership at Worcester Fitness
10% off gym services, clothing, and products at Worcester Fitness
- Expected Hours
3-8 Hours Per Week
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
- Work Location