Personal Trainer: Worcester Fitness at The Senior Center
Worcester Fitness, the area’s well-known premier health and fitness center in Central
Massachusetts, is looking for an experienced individual to assist the Wellness Director with
Worcester Fitness at The City of Worcester’s Senior Fitness Center. The Worcester Fitness team are among the most highly trained and credentialed fitness professionals in the industry. We are seeking a candidate who has a college degree in Exercise Science or a related field with current National Fitness Training Certifications. The Personal Trainer is responsible for successfully assisting a brand new, state of the art facility catering to Seniors in the city as well as city employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement our SmartStart onboarding process for every gym participant to be fully oriented to the proper use of the Fitness Center.
- 1:1 orientations for new member onboardings, including use of equipment and safety concerns, as well as, optional Microfit Wellness Assessment.
- Provide tours to potential members.
- Advise clients on the proper use of equipment.
- Monitor member progress and adapt programs as needed.
- Implement and Manage MINDBODY fitness software.
- Teach Fitness Classes
- Provide monthly fitness challenges and information for members.
- Provide excellent customer service for all members and potential members.
- Work directly with the Wellness Director to plan, develop, implement, and manage the Fitness Center.
- Work in cooperation with Building Maintenance Manager to ensure proper cleanliness
and maintenance standards for amenities.
- Work and communicate with Senior Center administration to ensure expectations and
standards are withheld.
- Work directly with Senior Center administration to develop, implement, and manage Fitness center rules to result in proper use by participants.
- Complete opening and closing duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience)
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience)
- Degree in Exercise Science or related field with current National Fitness Training
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer services skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to communicate.
- Creative in marketing, programming, and ways to motivate.
- 1-3 years of experience in the fitness field recommended
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to fully demonstrate all exercise and equipment. This includes moving in
all directions, both sitting and standing.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds with both upper and lower body.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed
by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person
authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
- Job Type: Part Time
Week days between the hours of 9am-4pm
- Pay: $18-22 per hour
Retirement plan with company matching 1-3%
Full gym Membership at Worcester Fitness
10% off gym services, clothing and products at Worcester Fitness