7 Lesser-Known Benefits of Strength Training
Increase flexibility to reduce stress and gain greater freedom of movement. Lowering weights can be just as effective as static stretches in helping your body become more flexible. This increased flexibility can help you move more freely and reduce stress.Prevent falls by enhancing your balance and posture to make you more stable on your feet. Additionally, weight-bearing exercises can help to strengthen your bones, so if you do happen to slip, the potential injuries may be less severe.
Losing weight can be easier than you think. Muscle tissue burns more calories than fat, even when you’re at rest. As long as you maintain a healthy diet and avoid overeating, you can start to see results in no time. Incorporating regular exercise into your routine can help you reach your weight loss goals even faster.Lifting weights is the obvious choice if you’re looking to build a broad back and bulging biceps. However, you may be surprised to discover that it can also be highly effective for a much broader range of fitness objectives. Not only can weightlifting help you build muscle, but it can also be used to improve your cardiovascular health, increase your strength, and even help you lose weight.
Less than a quarter of American adults engage in regular physical activity. Even fewer incorporate strength training into their exercise regimen. If this describes you, you’re missing out on more than just increased muscle mass. Strength training can help you build a stronger, healthier body, improve your balance and coordination, and even reduce your risk of injury. Additionally, it can help you look and feel better, boost your confidence, and even improve your mental health. Don’t miss out on the many benefits of strength training!
Incorporating resistance training into your workouts can help you achieve more impressive results in a shorter amount of time. Resistance training is an effective way to build strength, increase muscle mass, and improve overall fitness. By adding resistance to your workouts, you can challenge your body and push yourself to reach new heights. Not only will you see faster results, but you’ll also be able to enjoy the benefits of improved strength and endurance.
Learn more about what strength training can do for you, and how to get started.
1. Conditioning your heart is essential for optimal health. While aerobic exercise is often the go-to for heart health, strength training can be just as beneficial. Strength training helps to reduce abdominal fat, which can lead to inflammation and other health issues. Not only does this help to improve your heart health, but it can also help to improve your overall wellbeing.
2. Lower your blood pressure. Hypertension increases your risk of stroke and heart disease, and often there are no warning signs. In addition to taking any medication prescribed by your doctor, regular physical activity can help you maintain a healthier range. Exercise not only helps to reduce your blood pressure, but it also boosts your overall health and wellbeing.
3. Lose weight. Muscle burns more calories than fat even when you’re sitting on the couch. As long as you avoid eating more, you may find it easier to shed excess pounds.
4. Prevent falls. Enhancing your balance and posture makes you steadier on your feet. Weight-bearing exercises also thicken your bones, so your injuries may be less serious even if you do slip.
5. Increase flexibility. Lowering weights affects your body in much the same way as static stretches. That extra flexibility reduces stress and gives you greater freedom of movement.
6. Increase your energy levels and make daily tasks easier by reducing your body fat and learning to use your body more efficiently. You’ll find that you can keep up with your children and grandchildren with greater ease and enjoyment.
7. Boost your overall wellbeing with exercise! Studies have demonstrated that physical activity can be just as effective as antidepressants for certain individuals. Not only will you look fit, but you’ll likely experience increased happiness and serenity, and may even be able to reverse cognitive decline associated with aging. Exercise is a great way to improve your mental and physical health!
The Worcester Fitness Team is here to help! If you’d like to talk with a trainer about strength training, contact Paul Lee at Paul@worcesterfitness.com !
Why It’s Never Too Late to Go After Your Dreams
If you knew failure wasn’t an option, what would you pursue? And if those dreams are possible for others, why can’t they be for you? Your current position can be the starting point for the destiny you desire. Go ahead, dream and achieve!
OUR POOL CAN GET YOU INTO GREAT SHAPE!
Swimming is an excellent way to get in shape and stay healthy. The physical benefits of swimming are numerous – it’s a great cardio workout, it strengthens muscles, develops endurance, and helps maintain flexibility
Drinking enough water? It may be more important than you think.
Drinking plenty of water is essential for a healthy lifestyle. Not only does it help keep your body hydrated, but it can also improve digestion and organ function.
What You Need to Know about the Big Shift in Weight Loss Motivation
Show yourself a little extra love–reaching and maintaining a healthy weight can reduce the risk of serious health problems, while also packing quite the financial punch.